Saturday, April 7, 2007

VERIFY WANG?

One of my fellow "Iddiots" from the Idiot's Delight Digest asked this in the IDD:

Speaking of tv ads, I think I saw Garrett Wang, who played Harry Kim on ST:Voyager, on a tv ad today for a prescription heart medication called Coreg. He played a doctor explaining why this might be the right medication for you if you've recently survived a heart attack.

He looks like a slightly older Kim, with shorter hair and those ubiquitous rectangular glasses that everyone wears nowadays. He was wearing a white lab coat, not a Federation-issued medical uniform

I would put the probability that it was Ensign Kim at about 97%. This is not a clever ad but it does have a Star Trek connection, which may not be as hip today as, say, a Battlestar Galactica tie-in but it's still noteworthy.

And speaking of Battlestar, I should put in my vote here for Number Six (aka Tricia Helfer) as the hottest woman on that killer series, human or Cylon (though Grace Park as Sharon is a close second). And she is the best thing to happen to sci-fi numerologists since Seven of Nine (aka Jeri Ryan) was rescued from the Borg.

I know it's a long shot to ask, but is there anybody out there with info on this commercial, and especially as to whether that's Garrett Wang or not in the role?

More than just his idle speculation is at stake here....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: