Monday, March 29, 2010

SETTING THE SCENE - HELP THE TOOBSTER!

Okay, I'm throwing this out there to my discerning visitors.....

In "Demon With A Glass Hand", my favorite episode of 'The Outer Limits' which starred Robert Culp as Trent, I want to know where the episode was supposed to be taking place. The interiors of the building are O'Bviously that of the Bradbury Building in Los Angeles. But then this is the opening shot:
One of my co-workers is convinced that it's definitely Times Square. But even though we work just around the corner, it doesn't feel right to me.

If it is Times Square, Toobworld has no problem with an L.A. building in NYC. It just means that there was a replica of the Bradbury Building constructed in Manhattan. Look how many mansions in 'Burke's Law' were exact duplicates of each other. And then there's that white modernistic home in so many episodes of 'Poirot' (and even in one of the 'Marple' mysteries.)

Am I wrong? Let me know what you think.....

BCnU!

2 comments:

Ray Of Sunshine said...

I took a look at the picture and enhanced focus. The Father Duffy statue is there, and the building on the left is definitely the one with the Canadian Club ad on it.

Toby O'B said...

Thanks, Ray!