Sunday, April 27, 2008

TODAY'S TWD: WATCHING THE DETECTIVES

Just a little tip for the day.....

I was a big fan of Agatha Christie mysteries when I was a teenager. Loved the Albert Finney portrayal of Poirot (at the time), and still love that movie on the whole. And I would go see the Ustinov films as well. But I was remiss in watching the adaptations starring David Suchet, until late last year. And now, either through the auspices of my friends M&M, or via Netflix, I'm catching up on them all.

If you're thinking of working your way through those mysteries that have so far been filmed (and here's hoping that Suchet can complete them all, including "Curtain"!), I have a suggestion for you......

Even though it was a bit later in the series, start off with "The Mysterious Affair At Styles". It tells how Poirot and Captain (then Lieutenant) Hastings first came to work together back in 1917.
After that, you could always follow the episode guide at epguides.com, for I believe they are in proper order after that.....

BCnU!
Toby OB


No comments: