Tuesday, January 1, 2019

FANFICCER'S FRIEND: WW11 VETERAN'S DAY OF THE DOCTOR



As comfy as a hobbit hole even though that's the wrong fandom, I'm enjoying my membership in the Facebook group The Connecticut Whovians.  As of this writing (It's early days in 2018), I haven't met any of them in person, but they meet up at conventions, Fathom movie events, and renaissance faires, so eventually it will happen.

Back in January, a new member, John Pmgo, shared this screencap from the news.  I love collecting TV errors like this and with this one, John also provided the premise for some 'Doctor Who'' fanfiction:

John Pmgo
‎CT Whovian Club
01/04/18
 



The Doctor must have dropped him off here from the future.....

Hopefully World War 11 is far into that Future; we've only had two so far and that's enough for me.


But if you were writing such a fanfic, when would you have it take place?  Nothing's out of bounds since the world won't end until the year 5,000,000,000.  And who would be fighting whom?

If you want to write up such a fanfic, I do have a suggestion - by the time of World War 11, the whole planet should be united to fight a common enemy - perhaps an alien race trying to take over Earth.  Just remember to toss in one or more Incarnations of the Doctor and his/her companions.  

And if you do want to incorporate the televersion of Mr. Krasin, I think it would be better to have the Doctor take him along for his expertise in some field.  So he may be a veteran of a war in the far-flung Future, but he was originally from the present day.

If you do write up such a story and post it online, send me the link.  I'd love to read it and share it here if that's okay......

ALLONS-Y!

No comments: