Saturday, August 6, 2011

LUCY @ 100: FOR MORE TRIBUTES TO LUCY....

I hope you enjoyed my contributions to the world-wide celebration of Lucille Ball's 100th birthday. But if you still haven't had your craving satisfied, then I'd suggest heading over to the True Classics Blog, where they're serving as the hub for over forty blogs participating in the festivities. I know two of my blogmates, Ivan of "Thrilling Days Of Yesteryear" and Lisa of "The Flaming Nose" (both have links to the left, you mertzes!) are contributing, and there you'll find all manner of topics about Lucy being covered - her movies, her TV theme songs, her radio shows, and so on.

Click here, which should bring you to True Classics, and there you'll find the links to all of the other sites celebrating that legendary red-head.....

BCnU!

3 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

Toby, I wanted to thank you for these posts! One thing I really liked is that unlike some of the other television related posts about Lucy, you went well beyond I Love Lucy and included material from The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. Indeed, one of my favourite moments in TV history was Jack Benny's guest appearance (Jack is my favourite comedian of all time--Lucy my favourite comedic actress on television).

Toby O'B said...

Thanks, Merc! And I liked your piece today as well about your cousin!

PDXWiz said...

That was good series of blogs you did for Lucy! Thanks for the link to the True Classics connection, and to Mercurie for his eloquent blog about his cousin.

Gordon Long