Tuesday, March 29, 2005

FORENSICS FODDER

'CROSSING JORDAN' & 'CSI: MIAMI'
[A MISSING LINK]

My tele-buddy Hugh Davis contacted me with this TV in-joke:

There was a joke in last week's 'Crossing Jordan' where they were going to a conference on forensics and announcing "We're gonna beat Miami this time."
I assume this was an acknowledgement of the ratings war.

That's the way I would read it as well. But I also think it works as a missing link between 'Crossing Jordan' and 'CSI: Miami'. I'm not sure who made the comment, but I'll bet Garrett Macy has had a long-time competition going with Horatio Caine down there in Florida. (Maybe even since their college days together?)

And the idea of a forensics convention is a very general link to an episode of 'Homicide: Life On The Street' in which Dr. Cox attended one and where she related a case that was an urban legend brought to life.

So to speak, considering......

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: