Friday, February 19, 2010

DEEP SIX: FAVORITE ONE-SHOT CHARACTER NAMES

"Jim Sterling. Interpol.
Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it
?"
Jim Sterling
'Leverage'
I've posted in the past about my favorite names for regular TV characters, but every so often a character comes along in a one-shot that has the coolest moniker as well.

I'm limiting this to one-shot roles (with one exception), so recurring characters like Miguelito Loveless and William Omaha MacElroy are excluded. (And the same goes for the above-quote Jim Sterling.....)

FAVORITE GUEST CHARACTER NAMES

Salathiel Harms
Rosey Grier, 'Kojak'
Okay, the bounty hunter appeared twice, but that second time was more like a backdoor pilot. It didn't have the air of a recurring role. And besides, it's such a bad-ass name!


Honey Trapp
Dana Delany, 'Spy Game'


Pinky Likewise
Jill St. John, 'Burke's Law'

Twinks Tvedt
Pat Finley, 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show'

Quirt Manly
Henry Gibson, 'The Beverly Hillbillies'

Guy Incognito
voiced by Dan Castellenata, 'The Simpsons'

I don't know why I like 'em like I do. I don't know why but I do.....

BCnU!

No comments: