Saturday, January 31, 2009

NEW @ TOOBWORLD CENTRAL

After a short hiatus from spending money on the Toobworld Central DVD library, I had a few deliveries today:

1) "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"
It just didn't seem right that I wouldn't have my own copy of this big winner from the 2008 Toobits Awards.

2) 'Studio One' - "A Bolt Of Lightning"
Charlton Heston portrays James Otis, a colonial Boston revolutionary (based on the true story of Otis, who traveled in the same circles as Samuel Adams).

3) "Captains And The Kings"
Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this! I haven't seen this since it first aired back in the 1970s on NBC. And what a cast - Richard Jordan, Vic Morrow, Charles Durning, Blair Brown (I think she and Jordan met on this mini-series?), Patty Duke, Perry King, Ray Bolger, John Houseman, Burl Ives, John Carradine, Barbara Parkins, Joanna Pettet, Ann Sothern, Jane Seymour, Neville Brand, Robert Vaugh, Pernell Roberts, Peter Donat, Beverly D'Angelo, Clifton James, Cliff De Young, more character actors than you can shake a ham at, and Henry Fonda (in a role that's very reminiscent of one in "All The King's Men").

I also picked up a few "Wall-E" items, but those are for my nephew.....

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: