Thursday, November 15, 2007

A TOOBWORLD "TUBE WORLD"

My buddy NYMark is an ardent fan of 'Doctor Who' - and I'm not just talking a Captain Jack Come-Lately for the revival; I'm talking "knows his Silurians from his Sea Devils" kind of guy. And he sent me this note from the underground yesterday:

"So I was in the 8th St. & Broadway N and R subway station, and they have these mosaic wall pictures, and this one looked familiar - so I took some pictures. Comparing them at home, I can only assume that the Gods of Ragnarok (from Doctor Who Greatest Show in the Galaxy) made it to New York. Pay particular attention to the shape of the skull, the seating position and the robes. A little freaky, no?"

- Mark

Maybe those who designed the subway system were members of some kind of Whovian cult, sort of like the Freemasons behind all the clues in "National Treasure"!

BCnU!
Toby OB

"I can't stand burnt toast.
I loathe bus stations -
Terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls.
And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty.
We all have a world of our own terrors to face
."
The Seventh Doctor
'Doctor Who'

You know, there's a great 'Twilight Zone' connection in that quote Mark sent me......

No comments: