Friday, November 16, 2007

THE GRIM CODE NEXT DOOR

Or something to that effect....

I received this anonymous comment in the blog the other day:

"good to see you back, were you aware that there was a cartoon crossover last Sunday on cartoon network between Kids next door and the grim adventures of billy and mandy, it was pretty good"

I wasn't aware of it and so I unfortunately missed it. But huzzah! It's on again tonight at 8:30 pm EST, so I'll make sure I "divver" it. (I'm sleeping at that time!)

I checked out its pages at TV.com and Wikipedia and found out the following information... information... information...

1] This crossover special between 'The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy' and 'Code Name: Kids Next Door' revolved around Billy being rescued from his dad's "lucky pants". ("When a scythe-related mishap gets Billy stuck in his Dad's lucky pants, only the Kids Next Door can save him from a grounding of a lifetime.")

2] When the Delightful Reaper blowed up real good, out popped the 'Powerpuff Girls', 'Ed, Edd n' Eddy', Adam from 'My Gym Partner's a Monkey', Goo and Mac from 'Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends', Dexter, Dee Dee, and Mandark, from 'Dexter's Laboratory' and Andy from 'Squirrel Boy' pop out.

3] There were references to other cartoons 'Camp Lazlo', 'Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends' and 'My Gym Partner's A Monkey' when Fred Fredburger said:

"I like shows with monkeys... monkeys that go to camp, and also imaginary friends..."

4] Another tooncentric quote that didn't Zonk:

Billy: "Hey, You're not the Powerpuff Girls!"

5] And there just HAD to be a Scooby reference!

Mandy: "And I would have gotten away with it if wasn't for you meddling Kids Next Door."

6] Dora from 'Pandora's Lunch Box' was seen arguing over which stuffed animal is better; it was her third appearance in the toon series.

BCnU!
Toby OB


"Um, can I come out of the TV?
I gotta poo-poo
."
Fred Fredburger
'The Grim Adventures Of The Kids Next Door'

No comments: