Friday, November 16, 2007

BAD DATE

BIG mistake with 'Journeyman', this week! But luckily it's within the online site from NBC and not within the show itself, so there's no real need to worry about de-Zonkifying it.
Check that graphic above. In their interactive timeline for the latest episode, "Winterland", they claim that the first episode of 'Saturday Night Live' aired in 1973 with George Carlin hosting. But actually, and I remember this because I KNOW I was in college at the time and NOT in high school!, that it happened in 1975. I just looked it up and it was October 11th, 1975.

But at least they got it right that George Carlin hosted.

I went to the NBC site to check if they really were in 1974 or not, since the hippies who were living in that time weren't even sure what year it was. And I was doing that because I was checking a website for Neil Young's gigs at the Winterland, and he didn't play there in 1974. He did in 1973, which is what year the hippies originally thought it was.

And yet supposedly they were on their way to the Winterland to see Neil in concert.

Sloppiness...... Sad, really..... Don't they have somebody fact-checking the online team?

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: