Monday, January 1, 2018

WARNING! THIS IS NOT A CROSSOVER WITH THE POTTERVERSE!


As a certified televisiologist*, I can’t stand it when somebody writes an article in which they claim there is a crossover simply because a particular actor appears in two different productions.  That’s just an actor making a living, and I’m glad for them, but it’s NOT a crossover!

This is the excerpt which set me off.  It’s from an article in which they listed 10 things about the ‘Doctor Who’ episode “A Good Man Goes To War” which the average viewer might not have noticed. 


Well, of course they didn’t notice this!  Why?  Because IT’S NOT A CROSSOVER, DAMMIT!

The day will come when there will be a crossover with the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling.  I imagine within twenty years there will be a TV series based on the wizarding world of Hogwart's.  So far, 'Doctor Who' has only been able to make references to the book series, but that only means the televersion of JK Rowling could have based her writing on factual events.

BCnU…….

*Okay, I’m not a certified televisiologist.  But I should be.  In fact, there are a lot people in the field who say that I should be certified…..


No comments: