Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WHAT'S NEW AT TOOB HQ: "THE NEW INTERNS"

In case anyone out there was actually wondering when the annual Toobits Awards were going to be presented (I can dream, can't I?), I just wanted to let you know that I am working on them and they should be ready to roll here at Inner Toob at least by Friday.

It's been taking a bit longer than usual because Toobworld Central has acquired two new interns here at headquarters:

NUCKY & LEELA O'B

They're brother and sister, 8 months old, and they chose me at an adoption fair in NYC back in the middle of December.

The reason why there's been kind of a work slowdown here is because Leela commandeers the desk and is always chasing the cursor on the screen, blocking my view. This is probably the only activity which tires her out. She's one hyper-kitty!Like I said, most of the time.....

Nucky had a recent health scare with a bronchial infection, but after taking him to the vet and giving him daily antibiotics, he's well on the way to recovery - no wheezing, his appetite has GREATLY improved and he's drinking his water so he's not as dehydrated as he was. They're both still sneezing - usually into my face while I'm sleeping - but I think everything's going to be good from this point on. They may not be ready to take on the Laser Cats in battle, but I'm looking forward to a long association with them both here at Toobworld Central.......

BCnU!

6 comments:

Jim Peyton said...

hai Nucky and Leela. does u gets noms treats?

Toby O'B said...

LOL - so far they don't seem to care much for the snacks that are good for cleaning their teeth. But if I turn my back on my food on the table - soup, TV dinners, pickle juice, margarine.... I'll have to keep a squirt gun at the ready while I'm eating!

Brian Leonard said...

Yes, the water sprayer has become a regular fixture at my dining table. Errrr...pickle juice??? Anyway, may your interns have a good, long run at Toobworld Central!

Toby O'B said...

Brian: I had a big bucket of half-sour pickles and it was empty of pickles by half way through the meal. (I had 3 pickles when I started dinner.) Before I could empty out the container, Nucky was already sampling it......

Joe B. said...

Sure, everything's good with the interns now, but wait until they start drinking after work and hooking up, there will be office DRAMA!!!

Still, totally worth it, they improve one's life.

Lisa said...

Completely adorable and how lucky they are to have you as a dad! I'm jealous of all the great TV they'll be enjoying, too! Also, a big hurray to hear of your half-sour pickles -- aren't they the best? I'm completely hooked on them, too!