Monday, January 17, 2011

THE LOST TOOBITS AWARD

When I posted the 2010 Toobits Awards, I forgot one category that will probably never happen again:

BEST MUSIC VIDEO CROSSOVER
'Cougar Town' - "Dancing In The Dark"

The video is over two decades old, but that fits right into the timeline for 'Cougar Town'. We're not seeing Courtney Cox onstage dancing with the Boss; it's actually Jules Cobb of West Gulfhaven, Florida. (Although I don't know what her maiden name was. Anybody?)

Here's how we found out:

Jules and her son Travis are talking about high school accomplishments.....

Jules:

The only thing that matters is that you got through it. It’s not like I made some big splash in high school.
Travis:

Really!? Because I got your yearbook…
Jules:

Well, we don’t need to look through that, I mean, I’m barely in it.
Travis:

Look—inside cover, you as the prom queen.
Jules:

Yeah, I got 98% of the vote, but, you know, whatever. And it’s only one thing. It doesn’t mean I was super cool.
Travis:

Is this you dancing on stage with Bruce Springsteen?
Jules:

Yeah, that was super cool.
[she starts dancing like they did in the video]
Travis:
Stop it.
Jules:

I’m sorry.
[she turns and dances out of the room]

I wrote about it back in May here at Inner Toob.

So why don't we also relive that old memory....?






BCnU!

No comments: