Monday, January 17, 2011

HOLIDAY TELEFLUVIA

After seeing "The Addams Family" on Broadway, I posted this to Facebook:

It may seem unthinkable now, but the day will come, a couple of generations from now, when theatre playbills will no longer include biographies containing 'Law & Order' credits.....
~
It occurred to me at work that I had forgotten a category in the Crossovers section of the 2010 Toobits Awards. It was for the Best Crossover between a TV show and a music video. And I had a specific candidate in mind for it.

Damned if I can remember what it was now, though....

Okay, now I got it! It was the link between 'Cougar Town' and the "Dancing In The Dark" video by Bruce Springsteen. It's not a category I think will recur......

But I've written it up and will post it in about twenty minutes.
~
So David Tennant and his girl-friend Georgia Moffatt are not only getting married, but she's pregnant with their child. For the baby's sake, I hope she's bigger on the inside. (I love trying out my lines on Facebook!)

So this kid is going to be the child of a Time Lord as well as the grand-child of a Time Lord, since Georgia's father is Peter Davison. This kid is going to rule the schoolyard!

And if it's a girl, there'll be some boy out there in the future who is going to cash in on certain bragging rights, if you know what I mean - nudge nudge wink wink.

That should give David Tennant some sleepless nights.......
~
Because of 'Downton Abbey', I've got a little list - "Bad O'Briens".

So far I have four entries from the following sources:

"1984" - played by Lorne Greene in the 1953 'Studio One' adaptation; by Andre Morell a year later in the BBC adaptation. Since it was broadcast first, the 'Studio One' televersion is part of Earth Prime Time.

"Odd Man Out" - a woman who sends two Irish fugitives to their deaths

"Doctor Who" (Thanks to my brother Andrew for reminding me of Lady Cassandra, the flesh trampoline)

and

'Downton Abbey' - one of the maids in service to the Family of Downton, she proved she was evil when she kicked the cane away which His Lordship's manservant used for support, causing him to fall flat on his face.

So far, that's three out of four Bad O'Briens who are women.....

BCnU!

No comments: