Sunday, December 2, 2007

THE GAME OF THE NAME - NOM DE COMBOS

Something I noticed with two of the new series - two characters in the same show whose first names combine to create the name of an actor.

The first one was the most obvious - Sheldon and Leonard from 'The Big Bang Theory'. It makes me wonder if Chuck Lorre was tipping his hat in some way to the tough guy actor who became a big TV producer of classic - and classy - sitcoms in the 1960s as well as for the espionage actioner 'I Spy': Sheldon Leonard.

As for the other one, I may not have noticed it had I not written about 'Once A Hero' a few times in the last two weeks. Jeff Lester played Captain Justice on that show, and now 'Chuck' has two members of the Nerd Herd named Jeff and Lester.

In that case, I don't think there was any homage intended.

Just sayin', is all.....

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: