Saturday, April 1, 2006

DON'T SPANK THAT MONKEY; RE-SKED IT!

'Love Monkey' lives!

After only three episodes, CBS cancelled the series with five hours left hanging. I never got the chance to see it because I was taping 'Boston Legal' during that Michael J. Fox arc, which was going to include an appearance by my friend Shirley Jordan.

I really wanted to see 'Love Monkey', though. I figured that its look at the recording industry in NYC through the eyes of a cynical music scout would provide plenty of TV trivia to expand Toobworld. And as I have a friend who used to be a veep in the Bertelsmann Group before grabbing the golden chute, I'd like to compare tele-version to what I know about the Real World version.

So now VH1, which (I think) is owned by the same parent company as CBS, will pick up the show and run that monkey to its conclusion. It will air the three previously seen shows back-to-back on April 11, starting at 7 p.m. EDT. The remaining five installments will air weekly on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. beginning April 18.

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: