Saturday, April 1, 2006

BLIPVERTS GOING BOOM BOOM BOOM

I realize that with the passing of my Mom last week, my mind would automatically pick up on any mentions of funerals and mortuaries and Death in general.

But now it's getting spooky with the specifics.

There's a new blipvert for Cingular which is using Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" as its theme as it extols its abilities to provide more bars. (As someone who doesn't buy into the cell phone culture, I'm like Dr. Temperance Brennan on that topic: "I don't know what that means.")

I've already made the arrangements for this song to be playing at my own funeral....

"Today I don't need a replacement
I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant
My heart going boom boom boom
"Hey" I said "You can keep my things,
they've come to take me home
."

Guess I'm next.....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: