Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A COUCH POTATO EXORCIZES

I was just kidding myself if I thought posting about all the funereal TV references I saw during this past downer of a week would make it all stop.

Right after I posted "Mom", I turned on the TV to catch up on the tapes I made in the last few days. The toob was already tuned to the Hallmark Channel, and there was little Laura Ingalls talking to an old woman who had staged her own wake and funeral with the help of Charles Ingalls. (They were discussing why it was - is! - that people always make the effort to show up for your funeral, when they should instead be there for your birthday party so that you have the chance to appreciate their presence in your life.

And then it was on to the second episode of 'The Sopranos' for this season, which of course centered around the bedside vigil in the hospital as Tony lay in a coma after being shot by his Uncle Junior.

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: