Wednesday, January 1, 2020

WHO DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS


04/21/18

Dreams disappear so quickly from the memory, no matter how vivid they are as you're experiencing them.  So I'm typing this one as soon as I got up, but even now I'm forgetting details...


Two friends of mine were doing a search of a home - I think the owner was away on business.  And I came in and saw that the typewriter in the house was the same one used to write a message to The Doctor which he would find in the future.  (The Mind doesn't bother with trifling details as to how I knew that.)  

I knew somebody had to type that message, so I decided to do it myself despite my friends' irritation with that idea.  I took the typewriter outside the house to write it.  (Inside the house looked like my apartment.  Outside, it was my old family home.)  I sat in the snow on the sidewalk and now the typewriter was full of snow as well.  (I think my cleaning out the typewriter was influenced from having seen the 'Secret Agent' episode "Colony Three" that day.)

I typed up the message and then suddenly I'm at That Place, where I used to work.  I found the former security chief and his wife were using one of the large offices to live in and they scoffed at my idea that the message would somehow reach the Doctor in the Future.

There was a toddler in that office as well and as sometimes happens in a dream, there was a recasting - the wife was replaced with another woman with whom I worked, someone more matronly.  I think the little boy was her grandson.

Here endeth the dream.

Means nothing more than that I do focus excessively on 'Doctor Who'.

A little worried about sitting in the snow though.  Even in the dream I knew that was weird.....

Sweet dreams!




No comments: