Sunday, January 20, 2019

VIDEO SUNDAY - SNOW DAY MATINEE!





The Northeast of “Telemerica” is about to be socked by the first big snow storm of 2019… if you believe the TV weathercasters.

I’ll give you a minute to get over your laughing.

When I was a kid and school was cancelled due to a snow storm, the local CBS affiliate would do the kids a favor and cancel the regular programming to show a movie for the kids stuck in the house.  (Hopefully it gave the Moms a break from having them underfoot.)

I don’t remember how many movies were considered to be in that snow day film library, but the one I do remember best was “The Good Humor Man” starring Jack Carson. 

“Niatpac Levram!”

There shouldn’t be a snow day - this time.  It’s starting late Saturday night and should go through most of Sunday.  And Monday is a holiday celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

But even so, I want to relive those days.  Therefore by the powers invested in me by me, I now present our snow day feature… “THE GOOD HUMOR MAN”.

Enjoy!


Enjoy your weekend!


BCnU!


2 comments:

Hugh said...

Fun film--one of the few things done with the original Captain Marvel thanks to the ongoing suit between DC & Fawcett. And George Reeves is even in there as a heavy!

Toby O'B said...

Maybe the first movie about comic book fandom....