Thursday, November 8, 2018

TUBULAR KNELLS - KEN SWOFFORD




From the Hollywood Reporter:
Ken Swofford, the familiar character actor who played the stubborn vice principal Quentin Morloch for three seasons on the TV adaptation of ‘Fame’, has died. He was 85.

Swofford died Thursday, his grandson Brandon Swofford announced. He was a longtime resident of Pacific Grove, California.


The red-headed Swofford also portrayed the reporter Frank Flannigan on the admired but short-lived 1975-76 NBC series ‘Ellery Queen’, starring Jim Hutton, and he recurred as Lt. Catalano on several episodes of another sleuthing series, Angela Lansbury's ‘Murder, She Wrote’.


For the full obituary, click here.

For the last year or so, Inner Toob has dedicated most of its Thursday posts to theories of “Relateeveety”.  And many of those are inspired by ‘Columbo’ (my fifth favorite TV show – heresy to some of my fellow fanatics, I know.)  I wanted to memorialize Mr. Swofford with such a theory of Relateeveety, but it wasn’t his appearance in the episode “Candidate For Crime” that I wanted to showcase; it was another episode in which he played no role.

However, after texting with my fellow Columbo-phile, Debbie Greenfield, I realized that I did have a good theory for his ‘Columbo’ episode, an O’Bvious one actually.  So I decided to forego running his tribute on a Thursday and instead post his tributes as a “Two For Tuesday.”

But I couldn't use it on the Sixth - if you if you didn't see it, the post was geared towards the election.

So here we are, back to Thursday!  And NOW... I have THREE theories of Relateeveety for Mr. Swofford in connection to 'Columbo'!

They’ll be coming up next hour.  I hope you like them!

Good night and may God bless Ken Swofford....


No comments: