Saturday, November 10, 2018

TOOBWORLD - THIS SIDE OF PARODIES


(Stealing that basic title from National Lampoon.)

Two years ago, I started a Saturday theme which looked at TV shows as seen in another fictional universe - the world of comic books.  That finally petered out, but I thought I'd take it in another direction - TV shows as seen in the world of "comic book" parodies.

And when I think of "comic book parodies", it's Mad magazine which comes to mind.

This isn't going to be a regular feature, just when I'm in the mood.  And I can't splain why, but as I watched the midterm results coming in Tuesday night, I wondered if Mad had ever dealt with 'The Rockford Files'....  And voila!  Today's post.

And to start off, apparently there is a Germanic alternate dimension of that meta-universe......





BCnU!

No comments: