Thursday, October 18, 2018

THEORIES OF RELATEEVEETY - OF SUARI BLOOD 2



‘THE NEWSROOM’
“BULLIES”


From the IMDb:
As Will deals with insomnia and online death threats, Sloan's frustrating interview with a Japanese nuclear rep about the Fukushima disaster gets her in major trouble.

Will McAvoy sought help for his insomnia from his doctor.  Apparently, he hadn’t actually seen him in quite some time…….
 


Dr. Jacob Habib: 
Will?

Will McAvoy:
Yeah.

Dr. Jacob Habib:
I'm Jack Habib. Come on in.

Will McAvoy:  
Are you Abe's son?

Dr. Jacob Habib:
I am. 

Will McAvoy:  
Nice to meet you.

Dr. Jacob Habib:
You, too. Come on in.

Will McAvoy:  
Is your dad inside?

Dr. Jacob Habib:  
No.

Will McAvoy:  
I can wait out here.

Dr. Jacob Habib:
My father died two years ago and I took his practice. Come on in.

Will McAvoy:  
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Wait, what?

Dr. Jacob Habib:
Will, I'm Dr. Jacob Habib, son of Dr. Abraham Habib. My father passed away and his patients now see me. You've been paying me for two years. Come on in.

Will McAvoy:  
How old are you?

Dr. Jacob Habib:
I'm 29.

Will McAvoy:  
Shut up. Can you write prescriptions?

Dr. Jacob Habib:
Yeah. Let's go. I'll be two minutes.

Will McAvoy:  
All right. So if you're 29--

Dr. Jacob Habib:
Don't try to count backwards. I did everything early. So unless you're certain you've got a Doogie Howser joke I haven't heard, why don't we just assume it was hilarious and move on?


It is my contention that the Drs. Habib were of Suarian descent.  Suari is a Middle-East nation only to be found in Earth Prime-Time, not here in Earth Prime.  It has only been cited once in the ‘Columbo’ episode “A Case of Immunity”, but for this Curator of Toobworld it is the go-to kingdom In the Middle East when no specific nation in that region is named.

Dr. Abraham Habib could have been a first generation American with his parents having come over to the United States from the homeland of Suari, like Louie the bartender in the ‘Columbo’ episode “Identity Crisis”.  And when his parents emigrated to America, they left behind family.  And I believe that one of those family members left behind would have eventually had a son who was the same age as Dr. Abraham Habib, Jack’s father. 


This cousin who had remained behind in Suari grew up to go into government service.  His name was Rachman Habib and he rose to the position of code clerk at the Suarian legation in Los Angeles.  He became a protégé to the First Secretary of the legation, Hassan Sallah.  Sallah saw in Rachman a pliable pawn he could use in his long-range plan to one day overthrow the rightful king of Suari to take the throne for himself.  With silken lies worthy of the Islamic demon Iblis, Sallah quickly converted Rachman Habib into his plot to kill the legation’s chief of security, steal funds from the safe, and blame it all on the Suarian protestors outside the premises.  (Most of them were in America on student visas and who were in support of the King.  By blaming them, Sallah would establish the groundwork for turning the people back home against King Ahmed Kamal.)


Luckily for the kingdom of Suari, Lt. Frank Columbo was able to thwart the nefarious plans of Hassan Sallah, but not before the First Secretary had murdered Rachman Habib as part of his cover-up. 

As I said, this is just a theory of relateeveety.  But I wonder if Dr. Abraham Habib ever got the chance to meet his cousin from back in Suari?  It’s a certainty that Abe Habib’s son never got to meet his second cousin – Jack Habib wasn’t born until 1983, eight years after the death of Rachman Habib.

So that’s my theory of relateeveety and I’m sticking to it.

BCnU!



No comments: