Sunday, July 8, 2018

VIDEO SUNDAY - CINEVERSE TV


We're deep into the summer movie season now, so I thought it would be a good time to tip my hat to an anthology series from the 1950s - 'The 20th Century Fox Hour'.  It ran on CBS for two seasons and featured adaptations of movies from the 20th Century Fox library. 

So many of those films to be found in the Cineverse have counterparts in the greater TV Universe.  (I would say Earth Prime-Time specifically, but there could be plot points in some of them which could cause a Zonk in the main Toobworld.  As with any anthology series, inclusion in the world of Toob is determined on an episode by episode basis.

I'm not sure how many of the episodes I'll find on YouTube, so for now we'll just deal with this first one I found.  I've seen the original movie on TCM and I think this televersion makes a worthy doppelganger.....

 


BCnU!

No comments: