Saturday, July 8, 2017

SATURDAY SUPER-HEROES: "THE HUMAN TARGET" X 3



'ARROW'
"THE HUMAN TARGET"


In November of last year, 'Arrow' introduced the latest incarnation of The Human Target to Comix Toobworld-DC1.  (It's known as "the Arrowverse" to fans of the show and it includes 'The Flash' and 'Legends of Tomorrow'.  But for the residents of that world, it's Earth-1.)


I wrote about 'The Human Target' before.  In the late 20Naughts, I dealt with the second incarnation of The Human Target - Christopher Chance as played by Mark Valley.  I really liked that show but I couldn't use it for the main Toobworld for two reasons.
1] Earth Prime-Time already had its own Christopher Chance, the Human Target - in 1992, Rick Springfield played the role in a short-lived series of only 8 episodes. 


2] In one episode of the remake, the Royal Family of England was featured but they were in no way the same as that to be found in Earth Prime and Earth Prime-Time.  So I don't think I could even place that version of 'The Human Target' in Toobworld2.

I only just saw this episode the last day of June and I never saw any articles online about it.  So I don't know if there are any plans for The Human Target to appear on 'The Flash' or 'Legends of Tomorrow'.  It's unlikely he could appear on 'Supergirl' as that takes place in another TV dimension.  (Comix Toobworld-DC2)

If the ratings indicated there was interest, The Human Target could be prepped for his own show... again.  Personally, I'd like to see him teamed up with Constantine.  One uses magic; the other is a no-frills master of disguise.

We shall see what we shall view.

BCnU!

2 comments:

Brad Mengel said...

Hi Toby,
Ignoring the issue of the Royal Family, the 2010 Human Target gives us a way to include all three. In the season 1 finale "Christopher Chance" we discover that Marl Valley's Chance was given the name by Lee Majors Christopher Chance who says that he was given it by another man. So Rick Springfield's may have given the title to Lee Majors who gave it Mark Valley who gave it to Wil Traval. The timing just works out as Traval's Chance appears in the 2011 flashbacks which would be just after the end of the Mark Valley series.

Toby O'B said...

If it weren't for the Royal Family Zonk, I would have pounced on this premise and cuddled it and made it mine. Thanks though for letting me know, Brad!