Friday, January 6, 2017

TALES FROM THE CINEVERSE: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND "THEM!"



It's not Toobworld, but sometimes I find myself applying my televisiological theories to other realms of Mankind's imagination.

Last January, Wold Newton researcher Greg Gick made this observation on Facebook - while watching the movie "Them!", he came to the scene where an autopsy was being conducted on the first body found to have been killed by the ants.  The medical examiner said, "And here's one for Sherlock Holmes...."

Mr. Gick wanted to know: "Think this adds 'Them!'?"

In my opinion, "Them!" could be taking place in an alternate Cineverse in which Sherlock Holmes would still have been alive in the 1950s.  Therefore, I think "Them!" shares the same world as those movies in which Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce played Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in the franchise of movies that were set during the World War II years.

So, like I said, it's not Toobworld.  But it makes a nice blog post for the birthday of Sherlock Holmes.....

BCnU!




No comments: