Sunday, January 1, 2017

IF I HAD COMPANIONS (AND IF I WAS A TIME LORD TO BOOT)


I belong to several 'Doctor Who' pages on Facebook.  Back in March, this meme was posted to one of them:



Here was my response:

Limiting me as the Time Lord to this selection doesn't represent any choice at all, no matter how much I like most of them. I'd go for a team of Kurt "Nightcrawler" Wagner, Meriadoc Brandybuck, and history teacher Alice Johnson from 'Room 222' - people who would appreciate the experience, who would bring special talents to each adventure, and with whom I would enjoy spending Time (and Space.)

So that could be Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler or Kodi Smit-McPhee or even some other actor new to the role since we're dealing with a multiverse.

  
But definitely Dominick Monaghan as Merry Brandybuck and Karen Valentine as Alice Johnson.  


(Or maybe Jayma Mays as a recastaway but with a sci-fi twist - she was reverted back to an ealrier age; she wasn't just picked up back in the late 1960s.


I think the four of us would make for a great team.  Not sure if I could be any kind of match for the Doctor on the science front.  I'd just be in it all as a Time Tourist.

BCnU!

No comments: