Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LEAGUE OF THEMSELVES - JOHN WAYNE III




JOHN WAYNE

AS SEEN IN:
'The Lucy Show'
"Lucy And John Wayne"


SYNOPSIS:
From bkoganbing at the IMDb:
One of I Love Lucy's classic episodes involved her stealing John Wayne's footprints in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater right before her trip back to New York with Desi. It was a two part episode, maybe the only one I can recall from I Love Lucy.

The Duke gets his second involvement with television's best known redhead. She has to deliver some papers to John Wayne's set and you know it wouldn't be Lucy if she didn't try to meet the famous movie star, whether she's Lucy Ricardo or Lucy Carmichael.

She makes a general nuisance of herself and the thing I remember best about this episode is after it's suggested to John Wayne that maybe we could send her over to the set of the Burt Lancaster movie next door, he replied something what did Burt ever do to me that I could be that vicious.

Nice episode for Lucy and Duke fans.



O'BSERVATIONS:
I wrote about this episode once before, during the blogathon celebration of Lucy's 100th birthday.

BCnU!

No comments: