Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WHO-VIDS: "I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND"

During this day-long marathon, I'm going to be posting videos on the half-hour simply for the sake of seeing the good Doctor in action.  This being the first one, I just may make it a point to focus on my favorite incarnation of the Doctor - the Second one, as played by Patrick Troughton.

I've yet to see all that is available of his run in the role, and that is severely limited by the fact that the BBC, in their infinite wisdom, wiped the master tapes clean in order to re-use them.  It's a TV history crime second only to the same thing happening to the work of Ernie Kovacs.

At any rate, here's the first one.
  



Apparently, that old bit with the hand-holding was a worked out in secret between Troughton and Frasier Hines.....


BCnU!

No comments: