Monday, December 31, 2012

AS SEEN ON TV 2012 - THE END



So we're wrapping up the literary edition of the ASOTV showcase today........

It's been a lot of fun and I hope you enjoyed it. It certainly turned out to be a lot easier than I expected!

This was a project that I had in mind for a few years now.......


When I started this version of the ASOTV showcase back in January, I thought it would be rough going in finding at least 365 characters (more because of the "Two For Tuesday" policy!)  As it turned out, I never did have enough time to get to all the characters I wanted to feature - characters from "The Hogfather", "The Colour Of Magic", "The Virginian", other charactes from 'Gulliver's Travels', plus Irene Adler, Professor Moriarty, and other incarnations of Sherlock Holmes.  I wanted to cover "Earthsea" and why Ursula K. LeGuin hated the casting.  And even though I spent the month of August on James Michener's 'Centennial', there were still plenty of characters from that book I could have featured.

Oh well.  What the hell.*

Next year we're revising the "As Seen On TV" feature once again.  This time the focus will be on the League of Themselves - those people who play their own televersions.  This showcase begins tomorrow and since New Year's Day is also the fourth(?) annual "Who's On First" marathon (maybe the third.....) AND it's a Tuesday we'll have a "Two For Tuesday" showcase from 'Doctor Who'!

BCnU and Happy New Year!

*I think Joseph Heller's "Catch-22" should be adapted for a long-range project on one of the premium networks......

No comments: