Thursday, October 14, 2010

PRODUCT UNBECOMING: A BRIT'S EYE VIEW

My UK tele-blogging buddy Rob (Check out his site "The Medium Is Not Enough" which is listed to the left) also had a few thoughts this morning about product placement (Serendipiteevee!), specifically about the use of KFC in 'Running Wilde'.

He includes
a clip from the show, highlighting this particular example.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I think the writing was handled better than in my earlier example about 'Chuck' and Toyota. But I'm also not a big fan of Will Arnett; and if there are others like me out there*, is it a bad thing to have your product associated with him?

Just sayin', is all.....

BCnU!

* And there must be others out there who feel the same way as I do about Arnett, because 'Running Wilde' isn't doing a very good job of holding onto the audience it inherits from 'Raising Hope'.......

No comments: