Thursday, February 5, 2009

LOST ON THE PAPER TRAIL

Spoilers for 'Lost' - "The Little Prince" ahead..... I'm fully embracing the sci-fi geekiness of 'Lost' now that they're in full time travel mode. (Actually, this show owned me right from Hurley's fainting spell while helping Jack after the crash!) But I would like to see a little realism creep in every now and then.

Here's an example of what I'd like to see.......

After all that traveling through the Island's jungle during several time jumps, the Island 6 (Locke, Sawyer, Juliet, Daniel, Miles, and Charlotte) reached the remains of their beach camp. I'm thinking it was over three years in the future - based on a theory about the "other Others".

What I would have liked to have seen was somebody grabbing a role of DHARMA toilet paper and heading off quickly into the wood. (With the assumption everybody would eventually go, we just wouldn't have had the time to see it.) But at least somebody should have gone to take a dump. The way the scene was edited, they remained on the beach for less than five minutes before taking off in one of the canoes belonging to the other Others. (Okay, I'm agreeing with the idea that they are the Oceanic 6.)

The Island 6 didn't even take the time to gather a few supplies, like fresh water bottles!

Just a niggling point, true, but the lack of such simple bits of business (literally!) in TV shows and movies really bug me. ('The Lord Of The Rings' films might qualify as an example too, although they did take rest breaks.)

BCnU!
Toby O'B

No comments: