Monday, June 16, 2008

DEEP SIX: GAME OF THE NAME

Because the 'Doctor Who' episode "The Unicorn And The Wasp" had one of my favorite actresses, Felicity Kendal, as well as introducing me to the wonderfully named Fenella Woolgar (who played Agatha Christie), I decided to whip up this quickie Deep Six list:

MY FAVORITE TV ACTRESS NAMES

Felicity Kendal
I fell in love with that name years before I first saw her (in the sitcom 'Good Neighbours'/'Good Life'). I was reading the review for the movie "Shakespeare Wallah" in a collection of Pauline Kael's essays, and just thought it was the loveliest combination and so pleasing to say. Once I finally saw her, the infatuation was complete and holds to this day.

Moon Bloodgood - add to that name how she looks and she's like a Frazetta painting come to life and living among us!

Zena Bethune

Tamsin Outhwaite

Honeysuckle Weeks

I just like the sound of each of them, as if they belonged more in some other genre - fantasy, science fiction, 1920s mysteries.....

And finally,

Zasu Pitts - a funny name for a very funny actress whose style may not be seen again.

Just wanted to toss that off...

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: