Tuesday, November 20, 2007

NEW @ TOOBWORLD CENTRAL

I haven't bought a DVD in an actual store in over a year. But my nephew's third birthday is coming up soon; I'll be doing the home for the holiday bit this week; figured it was a good time to pick it up and get it back there.... mostly to save me the shipping costs!

So since it's his third b'day, I got him "Shrek the Third".

With that chore out of the way, it was time to get me some goodies!

"Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" - I had this on VHS, so it was time to upgrade. When you think of the TV cartoon Christmas classics, it's like thinking of the big three in silent movie comedy. 'Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown' is Chaplin; 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' is Keaton; 'Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol' is Harold Lloyd. But in my heart, it's number one.

'The Muppet Show' (The Complete Second Season) - Anything to reclaim the highlights of my years at UConn! And it's nice to know I have these felt-covered lunatics always there to keep me company.

"The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows" - You don't know what a rush it is to look at the cover and see how the images have changed. Now 'Lost' is included! Woohoo! The old volume is consumed with jealousy as it is banished to the bookshelves and its replacement takes its rightful place on my desk.....

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: