Sunday, August 12, 2007

"LOST" FORESHADOWED?

While on vacation, I watched the first season of 'Dead Like Me'. Every summer, I take along a boxed set of some TV show and work my way through it (hardly work!); it's my version of summer reading. (Although I also started reading "Soon I Will Be Invincible" by Austin Grossman, and that's fantastic!)

In years past, I've taken 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' (all five seasons), 'Doctor Who' (Eccleston's run as #9), and 'Rumpole Of The Bailey'.

I have the second season of 'Dead Like Me' and will start watching that tomorrow. (But first I have to catch up on 'John From Cincinnatti', the only show I couldn't watch at 'The Lake'.)

In the last episode of the first season, "Rest In Peace", the guest star was Harold Perrineau, of 'Oz' and 'Lost' fame. He played a yoga instructor named Aroun who dies of a neck injury, and the role seemed to be a portent of things to come.

When we first meet his character, Perrineau shouts out to Rube (Mandy Patinkin): "You lost?"

No, sir, you were. And will be again, as it has been announced that his character of Michael Dawson will be returning to 'Lost' in Season Four.

And when Aroun finally crosses over to the Other Side, he bestows a "Namaste" upon Rube. This was the salutation made by Dr. Candle in the orientation video on 'Lost' and which was used by the members of the DHARMA Initiative.

No real connection can be made between the two shows just from that, but I did think it was a cool coincidence. (Still, perhaps Michael Dawson, Aroun Levert, and Augustus Hill are all related; maybe Papa was a rolling stone, nudge nudge wink wink.)

BCnU!
Toby OB

No comments: