Friday, August 17, 2007

21st CENTURY TOOB

On Wednesday, I had my new Dell computer set up here at Toobworld Central. The tech guy said that I have more capability with this baby than many small businesses! And today, I finally made the upgrade to broadband from dial-up via my cable company.

I'm broadband, baby!

At the same time, I also upgraded my cable service so now I can DVR programs. Tested it out today by recording the "Boom Town" episode of 'Doctor Who on Sci-Fi while I watched the tape of last night's episode of 'Mad Men'. A few digital screw-ups which I think were from the company, but it worked great.

I've already programmed it to grab first-runs of 'Doctor Who', 'Psych', 'Monk', 'Mad Men', 'Rescue Me', 'Burn Notice', 'The 4400', 'Entourage', and anything of 'Maverick' (just in case). Still have to add in 'The Dead Zone', 'Damages', 'The Closer', 'My Boys', 'Eureka', 'The Bronx Is Burning', and we'll see what else comes to mind!

And then I came back into the office and watched the "Mac Is A Serial Killer" episode of 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' on MySpace.com, a month before it airs!

As they once said on David Letterman's show in hopes that it would catch on as a catch-phrase:

I'm moist!

BCnU!
Toby OB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Toby. Congratulations. Did you notice that a "Heartland" physician was also in "House" and this last show was about to leave the hospital for another job?
Is this the kind of crossover you are so fond of?
Take care,
Colette
miceandchips.com/bluemood

Anonymous said...

Maybe Toby you didn't understand the first comment, as it was kind of botched: Crossover from "House" to "Heartland" by a physician who, on "House" last show of last season, was about to leave his job...to take one seemingly at the "Heartland" hospital, as the same actor appears in both shows.
Colette
miceandchips.com/bluemood