Friday, March 2, 2007

AMBER IN PORTRAIT

It's been almost a year now since my Mom passed away, and I've been thinking a lot about her lately. And because I yam what I yam, invariably my thoughts drift to TV.

From 12:30 to 1:30 pm weekdays, you couldn't pry her away from 'The Young & The Restless', so today - after reading an item about 'Y&R' in the New York Daily News that had a connection to the family name, - I thought I'd check out the soap opera again. Hadn't seen it since a couple of months before Mom died.

And I was surprised to see Amber, a character from her other fave soap, 'The Bold & The Beautiful' on 'Young & The Restless' instead.

A quick search provided an interview Adrienne Frantz, who plays Amber Moore, did for cbs.com in which she talked about returning not only to daytime TV, but also to the character she'll always be most famous for.....

ADRIENNE FRANTZ: I got the call saying they wanted me to come over to 'The Young and the Restless' to play Amber. And I always said that was the only character I would want to play in Daytime because I think she's so much fun to play.


CBS.com: Isn't it great that you've become a character that can cross over to both shows?
ADRIENNE FRANTZ: It's really great that we've created a character that is known and can transfer to different shows and have just the same fan base and people know who she is. It's very comforting to know that I've created a character like that. It's an honor in a way knowing that I could go to [either show] and play the same character.

The character of Amber Moore is ready for her close-up in the TV Crossover Hall of Fame because her third qualification was a strange crossover with 'The Price Is Right'. She designed the dresses to be worn by "Barker's Beauties" on an episode of the game show, and Bob Barker and two of the girls arrived at Forrester Fashions to inspect the finished product. In a later episode of 'The Price Is Right', the girls were indeed wearing those designs.

But if that's not good enough for the nitpickers, then they just have to wait until March 27th, when Amber will be involved in a 'Y&R' crossover with 'As The World Turns'. Amber will face off against Emily Stewart of 'ATWT' regarding Emily's sister Alison.

You can read the full Adrienne Frantz interview here.

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: