Monday, February 26, 2007

NEW @ TOOBWORLD CENTRAL

Another care package arrived from Amazon.com this morning.

First up is a book:

"EXTRAS
The Illustrated Scripts: series 1 & 2
Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant"

This has to be the HEAVIEST trade paperback I have ever held! I'm almost afraid to crack it open to look at the pictorial plates inside for fear of damaging the spine.

Aside from having the actual scripts to catch some of the dialogue I may have missed due to dialect (or which I missed while laughing), now I can go back and find all the rest of the Zonks that needed disabling throughout the course of the series.

I also got:

'ALIAS SMITH AND JONES' - Season One

Probably my second all-time favorite Western series (after anything and everything with 'Maverick' in the title, save 'Young Maverick'), the 'AS&J' boxed set begins with the pilot film which never seemed to get airplay on the Encore Western channel - at least not when I was on vacation where I could watch that cable offering.

At last, with this in my possession, my late summer afternoons while on vacation will be freed up so that I might continue playing with my 2 1/2 year old nephew! (We play Ogres & Hobbits instead of Cops & Robbers.)

I don't know if this compilation will prove popular enough to warrant the release of any more seasons. But if so, I don't know whether I would go past Season Two - during which star Pete Duel committed suicide. After that, with Roger Davis as Hannibal Heyes, 'Alias Smith and Jones' became an alternate dimension's version of the show, not the same one I enjoyed so much.

We'll see.

Can't wait to find out which shipment shows up next!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

1 comment:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Always glad to hear from a fellow Alias Smith & Jones fan. I bought the box set, too -- it came with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: Season 2, Volume 2.