Thursday, April 27, 2006

JURY DOODY

"The jury has the right to judge both the law as well as the fact in controversy."
JOHN JAY

[This was the basis for the plot of "The Verdict", an episode of 'The Bold Ones - The Lawyers'.]

I started jury duty today. I'm spending my days inside the title of a TV series: '100 Centre Street'.

This is why I pulled the Toobworld manuscript out of the mothballs. It gave me something to pass the long stretches of tedium in the jury pool until I was called to sit in a courtroom at 3 pm.

I can't speak about that case just yet, but if I get seated for it, that quote above will come into play. Because it was specifically asked of the jury if they could look beyond what they thought of the particular law and just judge whether or not it was broken.

I was hoping my service would only last the day; I've been lucky in that regard in the past. But it looks like I'm there until at least Monday.

And that's playing hob with my opportunity to see the first two episodes of the new season of 'Doctor Who' with David Tennant, courtesy of the Brokeback Boys. Hopefully this weekend.....

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: