Saturday, March 4, 2006

THE SOCIETY OF FRIENDS

What good is having a blog about TV if you can't use it to trumpet the upcoming work of friends in the business?

Thomas J. O'Leary, who played "The Phantom Of The Opera" on Broadway, has moved out to the City of Angels to try his hand at the work to be had out there.

Here's a little heads-up he sent along regarding this coming Monday:

My first TV audition in LA actually yielded a job! I have a cute scene in the first half hour of this Monday night's episode of Related, an hour-long show on the WB channel that's about four sisters growing up in Manhattan -- sort of a toned-down version of Sex in the City.

I play the role of Mark, of Mark and Mike's Catering Service. We have a short and, maybe, funny scene with one of the sisters. You can always get more info on the show at tv.com.

MONDAY, MARCH 6TH, AT 9 P.M.
ROLE OF "MARK"
ON THE WB SHOW, 'RELATED'

Enjoy! --Tom

Tom has played a psychiatrist on 'Law & Order', and appeared as himself - in "Phantom" garb - to do an outro for 'Wheel Of Fortune' during one of their Broadway weeks. (That was about five or six years ago, I think.)

So this will "mark" my first time watching 'Related'. I should have done it sooner if I'm ever going to sample all the offerings that go into the fabric of the TV Universe. But better late than never, and at least I'll have one good reason to enjoy the experience!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I wish I'd run across this entry of yours sooner (like, say, before March 6th). I saw Thomas O'Leary as the Phantom on Broadway in 1997 and ever since he left the show, I've been trying to keep up with what he's been doing in hopes of seeing him perform again someday. This is the first new tidbit I've found in at least a year and a half. Maybe I'll be able to catch that 'Related' episode in a rerun one day.