Wednesday, March 1, 2006

THE NEW "AAAAAAAAY-IDA"?

'Happy Days' has joined 'The Brady Bunch' and 'Gilligan's Island' in crossing over from the TV Universe into the fantabulous universe of musical theatre.

For alls I know, this could be the dimensional point of origin for the demon Sweet, from that musical episode of 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'. (Crossover Hall of Fame inductee, October 2005)

I have to admit that I was never a fan of 'Happy Days', at least not after the first year when it was revamped to play to its fan fave strengths. So I don't think I'd really enjoy seeing a musical version of those characters played out on stage.

And based on the review by Charles McNulty in the Los Angeles Times, I don't think I'm the only one.....

"[The] photo-album prelude turns out to be the show's high point. The problem rests largely with [Garry] Marshall's book, which stretches the sappiness of a reunion special to the marathon length of five episodes, enough to make anyone long for the reprieve of commercial breaks."

But if you do want to see it and you're in the LA area.....

"Happy Days"
Where: Falcon Theatre, 4252 Riverside Drive, Burbank
When: 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays, 3 and 8 p.m. Saturdays, 4 p.m. Sundays
Ends: March 12
Price: $25 to $37.50
Contact: (818) 955-8101
Running time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Aaaaaay!
Tele-Toby

No comments: