Saturday, March 18, 2006

EVERYTHING'S JAKE

A couple of years ago, when I published a salute to 'Murder, She Wrote' in the old Tubeworld Dynamic, I suggested that Charlie Garrett - a private eye who was played by Wayne Rogers on a recurring basis, - just might be the illegitimate son of private eye Jake Axminster from 'City Of Angels'.

While watching the three-part pilot episode for that series, I may have found myself one step closer to making that theory work.

While discussing a new grand jury impanelled to fight city-wide corruption, Axminster was asked if he knew the chief investigator, Mike Garrett of the Daily News.

I'm hoping Mike Garrett is a fictional character - that pilot worked in some real-life figures like General Smedley D. Butler into the storyline. And as the storyline was based on fact, Mike Garrett might be a real-life "historical figure", and I'd hate to speak ill, but.......

If he was fictional, it could be that Axminster didn't know Mike Garrett personally......

But he probably knew Garrett's wife REALLY well!

Nudge nudge wink wink!

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: