Friday, September 16, 2005

SPIRITUAL TOOTH

I just had a tooth pulled yesterday, which really bothered me because I was getting free Sirius Satellite Radio reception off of it.

Anyway, the subject of teeth already had me attuned to their Toobworld possibilities when I turned to the words of wisdom from my Iddiot brethren.

http://lists.topica.com/lists/idd/read

There has been a battle of words in the Idiot's Delight Digest over faith and Faith. And the one soul who's been taking a beating on all sides is the Tooth Fairy.

As the Caretaker and Public Advocate and Ambassador Without Portfolio for Toobworld, I must insist that the Tooth Fairy does indeed exist and that she should be shown respect.

Actually, there is more than one Tooth Fairy, all working for the same cause. This explains why she (and occasionally "he") sometimes changes in appearance.

Three of the more notable portrayals of the Tooth Fairy have been:

Imogene Coca - Mary the Tooth Fairy ('Bewitched')
Susan Sarandon - ('Mad TV')
Annie Golden - ('Coinstar' commercial)

That's the great thing about Toobworld. It's so encompassing of all beliefs - God has appeared on TV as has the Devil, the Greek "deities", Sutekh the Destroyer, and the Keebler elves.

Maybe I should pop a Hubbard and start my own religion.........

Nah. The last thing I need is a disciple who goes on talk shows to jump on the couch........

BCnU!
Tele-Toby

No comments: