Thursday, December 12, 2019

CRISIS O'BSERVATIONS ONE




Because I’ve been chronicling the history and the people of the most overlooked county in Connecticut, I’ve been giving short shrift to my thirty year obsession with the Toobworld Dynamic.  My brain still comes up with some fun theories – one of which shows up in tomorrow’s induction into the Television Crossover Hall of Fame – but it’s become a chore to put them down on paper.

Luckily for me, the Crisis On Infinite Earths came along when it did to fire up my needs to write about the greater tele-mosaic again.  I’m going to just do one O’Bservation a day about details from the first three episodes in the five-part crossover.

I think where I have to start is where my concept of Earth Prime-Time stands in connection to this mass elimination of parallel dimensions, leaving only the Earth which they have dubbed “Earth One”.  And even that apparently got wiped out by the end of the fall finale.

Just to keep the Toobworld concept churning along, I have to ignore certain aspects of the story which Berlanti & Co. are peddling.  I won’t be alone in doing that; the majority of TV series will be ignoring the events as well  That’s because Earth-1 is not the main Toobworld in the TV Multiverse; it’s just braggadaccio on the part of those living on that Earth to think of themselves as Number One.

Earth Prime-Time is that Toobworld on which most TV series throughout our broadcast history take/took place. And as the current shows are going into their fall finales, there have been no red skies above.  Those shows set in the Future are still extant.

My take-away is that neither the Monitor nor the Anti-Monitor, not even the Department of Extranormal Operations, is omnipotent.  As the umbrella title for this mega-crossover mentions, we’re dealing with “infinite Earths”.  As powerful as the Anti-Monitor may be, he didn’t affect ALL of the Toobworlds out there, evidenced, as I stated earlier, by the continuing presence of life on Earth Prime-Time in other TV series.

For the Toobworld Dynamic, there will always be a Television Multiverse and as we continue here, we’ll be looking at more aspects about the Toobworlds we lost….

BCnU!


No comments: