Friday, February 1, 2019

TVXOHOF - FEBRUARY, 2019 - CATWOMAN III



Continuing our 20th anniversary celebration of the Television Crossover Hall of Fame with the monthly showcases being dedicated to superheroes and their rogue’s gallery of super-villains, we’re acknowledging February as Black History Month as always.  And this year, our candidate for induction into the Hall is Catwoman III.

“Catwoman” is a job title; it’s not a name.  Within the realm of the 1966 ‘Batman’ TV series and movie, there have been at least four Catwomen:
  • Selina Kyle
  • The goddess Bastet
  • Tina Mara AKA "Angel"
  • The future Betty Jones

And so it’s Tina Mara (once seen on ‘Mission: Impossible’) as Catwoman III who is being honored today.

I made the case for Tina Mara being the Catwoman in a post, and I also argued for her to become the drug addict Angel in an episode of ‘I Spy’’.


Since I already made that case, I’m not going to rehash it again.  But you can read it by clicking here:

FOR BLACK HISTORY MONTH - THURSDAY IS HER DAY: TINA MARA, THE FOURTH CATWOMAN

O'Bservation - Since February 1st falls on a Friday, there will only be three Friday Hall of Famers.  And I'm actually happy about that.  I wanted the Friday Hall of Famers to all be in keeping with Black History Month, but at the same time I don't want to use up all my possible candidates for the February showcases in the future.  So from this point on, the Friday Hall of Famers in February won't be limited to black TV characters.  In fact, with several of the ones I'm using this month, I'd rather have saved them for the monthly showcase in the future.  But who knows how long any of us will be around?
On that cheery note...

Excelsior!





  

No comments: