Monday, December 3, 2018

MONDAY MINUTIAE - HUMANIZING THE MUPPETS




Over in a FB page dedicate to American love for British TV, Lori Bowe posted this:


Challenge: I'm watching the Jeremy Brett Holmes series and this actor popped up, Maurice Denham. He reminds me so much of Statler from 'The Muppet Show'. Can you pick and post a photo of a British actor who looks a lot like Waldorf? Their humor is definitely British in character!

I think Denham, at least in this role, would have been perfect for the role of Waldorf.  But my choice for the role of a human Statler is American - Bill Erwin, immortalized as Sidney Fields (named after the old-time comic) in an episode of 'Seinfeld'.



BCnU!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are flipping the two--Waldorf is the mustachioed one of the pair.