Monday, June 18, 2018

THE MONDAY MINUTIAE OF MY SO-CALLED LIFE



2 WORLDWIDE PLAZA


New York of the mind – in the opening of the Father's Day episode of ‘Instinct’, a bomb supposedly went off in Battery Park. I may have been gone from the City for almost 2 years now, but I’m pretty sure that was 2 Worldwide Plaza which is between 49th & 50th, across from Churrascario Plataforma.

But 'Instinct' does take place in an alternate Toobworld.  (I like to think it's the same TV dimension as 'The West Wing'.) So maybe there are some architectural differences in Battery Park in that world.

Then again, I’m the one who’s always saying Toobworld is not the same as the Real World.  So - for example - subway routes which don't exist in our world could certainly be found in Toobworld.  (This happened in an episode of 'Clubhouse' and caused a hue and cry among the readers of the NY Post.)

Hopefully later today I'll get a frame grab from the episode to add to this post.

BCnU!


No comments: