Sunday, May 27, 2018

VIDEO SUNDAY - "LOST IN SPACE" ORIGINAL PILOT


The third version of 'Lost In Space' is now on Netflix, with the William Hurt/Gary Oldman movie separating the series from the original show.

Despite how campy and childish the original devolved into, I still have a soft spot for the first series with Guy Williams, June Lockhart, Mark Gordon, Bill Mumy, Angela Cartwright, Marta Kristen, and of course, Jonathan Harris.

As a kid, I would fantasize about stowing away on board the Jupiter 2 to become best friends with Will Robinson (and maybe date Penny!)  Years later as part of my televisiological studies, I was playing around with the supposed ages of characters in the Toobworld timeline and discovered that at the time of the Jupiter 2's lift-off, Maureen Robinson (and Sally Draper of 'Mad Men') were the same age as my televersion.

Anyhoo....

I figured for Video Sunday I would share the original pilot episode of 'Lost In Space' which was never aired.  For those of you familiar with the official pilot, you will see the differences in their storyline.



BCnU!

No comments: