Sunday, March 25, 2018

VIDEO SUNDAY - LI'L ABNER IN TOOBWORLD


It's the first Sunday in Spring and for some reason, I'm thinking of reading the Sunday funnies at my Grammy's house.  We got the Hartford Courant Sunday paper each week, but she got the New York Daily News - and that had the big pull-out comics section with the oversized strips like "Pogo", "Dick Tracy", and the subject of today's post, "Li'l Abner".

The panels were big enough that as a little kid I would cut them out for home-made Colorforms figures.  And the Li'l Abner characters - a whole army of them! - were my favorites: full-figured, kinetic, and colorful. 

Al Capp's creation is a Mutiversal world - it started in the comic strips, got a musical, a film of that musical, a few musical shorts, theatrical cartoons, and a pilot for placement in Toobworld.

So here today, I'm celebrating that comic strip with the pilot plus a few cartoons, a musical short and even the bloopers from the Cineverse.  We'll even end with a Cineverse in Toobworld moment.  (It might be considered a moment in Skitlandia.)

I hope you enjoy!
















BCnU!



No comments: